Yesterday on Kosmonavtov St., just at the corner of Elektronnaya Street, opposite to the Fifth Ocean supermarket, about ten o'clock in the evening the tram moving on a route No. 6 lit up, report "The Nikolaev messages".
The witness to incident who was at this time in an art - Bashnya cafe told that at first the flame appeared in a cabin of the driver. Approximately in a minute the woman - the driver jumped out of the tram. And literally at once after that fire captured all case.
In the Ministry of Emergency Situations the call arrived at 22.28. Two offices which have arrived to a scene of firefighters managed to put out fire.
The total area of a fire makes 25 square meters. Completely the internal covering of the tram, a seat burned down. Whole there was only a framework of the tram car. The amount of damage made 20 thousand UAH
Fortunately, as a result of a fire nobody suffered.
According to the Center of promotion of the Ministry of Emergency Situations in the Nikolaev area, short circuit of automatic equipment became a cause of the fire.
The burned-down tram of 1992 of release belongs to the municipal enterprise "Nikolayevelektrotrans" which is engaged пассажироперевозками citizens.
The chief engineer of "Nikolayevelektrotrans" Vasily Yaroslavsky commented on a situation so:
- Such cases practically don't occur. But everything in life happens. Tram after all the already old. We will repair now.