On May 14-15 in Nikolaev there takes place conference following the results of implementation of the "Reduction of Distribution of HIV and Diseases Which Are Transferred Sexually Youth Environments in the Chosen Regions of Ukraine" project which passed in Ukraine in 2007 - 2009.
As reports a press - regional state administration service, during a round table it was defined that considerable results are reached in the following areas of work:
- level of pro-knowledge of youth about risks of HIV/AIDS raised;
- the relation of heads of all levels of the power to the solution of the questions connected with a problem of HIV/AIDS changed;
- there is a partnership between all sectors which take part in the answer for HIV/AIDS epidemic;
- social maintenance of families which the HIV problem - infections mentioned is carried out;
- the plans of action at local level in response to HIV epidemic are developed.
The chief of the Regional center of social services for a family, children and youth Svetlana Yankovskaya told that the major achievements are creation of a mobile office for voluntary consultation and testing for HIV - an infection, emergence of broad social advertizing in area and the regional center.
The deputy governor Vladimir Lusta emphasized that is very important that today society started perceiving HIV not only as a medical problem, and, first of all, the social. After completion of conference ways of further continuation of the project or forces of donors, or at the expense of the budget will be outlined.