On January 21, 2009 in Nikolaevsk the regional art museum of V. V. Vereshchagin the ceremony of rewarding of winners, winners and partners of the First city competition "Philanthropist of Year 2008" took place.
In total on Competition 98 demands from which 73 took part (without demands to RUSAL and NGZ as these structures act as initiators and partners of competition) arrived. Among participants 4 representatives of large business, 16 enterprises of medium and small business, 13 private philanthropists, etc. Proceeding from total number of the submitted applications, jury of competition determined winners by the following nominations:
- "The company - big business" - JSC JV NIBULON
- "The company - medium business" - JSC Tekhnotorg-Don
- "The company - small business" - JSC VARUS
- "The natural person - the businessman" - Timoshin Vladimir Vladimirovich
- "Initiative group/collective" - the Nikolaev state agrarian university
- "A youth initiative in charity" - the Nikolaev city club of volunteers
- "The charitable organization" - the Nikolaev regional charity foundation of the social help needy
- "The individual - the philanthropist" - the Kharkov Miroslava Viktorovna
- "Volunteer" - Rusetskaya Lina Stepanovna
In the special nomination "Social Journalist" (for publicizing of charity) Zherikhina Maya Georgiyevna is recognized as the winner.
The special decision of jury and the organizing committee of competition defined winners of competition in the nominations:
- "The company - big business": JSC Laktalis-Ukraina, JSC Ekvator Plant
- "The company - medium business": JSC IRBIS, JSC Nikolayevkhleb
- "The company - small business": State of emergency "Agrotekhsnab", JSC Ukryugstroyinvest
- "The natural person - the businessman": Tochilkina Olga Vladimirovna, Zholobetsky Alexander Aleksandrovich
- "Initiative group/collective": Regional Department of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine in the Nikolaev area, Singing Wing Ensemble
- "A youth initiative in charity": The ChGU student's charitable group of the Item.Graves, Nikolaev highest musical school
- "The charitable organization": Society of the Red Cross, NOBF "Indigo"
- "The individual - the philanthropist": Krisenko Victor Ivanovich, Bernatsky Alexander Viktorovich
- "Volunteer": Strukacheva Lyudmila Merkuryevna, Shkaruba Leonid Mikhaylovich, Drevus Vitaly Yuryevich
- "The social journalist" Laskin Evgeny Dmitriyevich, Konovalova Yulia Sergeevna.
Competition took place at the initiative of the organizing committee of the social partner project "A charitable season. Nikolaev - the city of social initiatives! ", under the auspices of the organizing committee of the National competition "Philanthropist of Year" and support of executive committee of the Nikolaev City Council.
Main objective of competition - promoting of charity and public recognition of charity of representatives of the Nikolaev community.
The organizing committee of competition was represented by "The Center of Social Programs of RUSAL in Ukraine" Fund, the Nikolaev charity foundation "META", Fund of a development of the city of Nikolaev.
Regional торгово - industrial chamber in the Nikolaev area, the RUSAL United company and the Nikolaev aluminous plant acted as financial partners of competition.