On Tuesday on a site of the president of Russia conceptual approach to new legal base of the international cooperation in the power sphere" was published ".
This document Russia wants to oblige Ukraine to be the conscientious and transparent transitor of the Russian gas.
The new agreement on guarantees of transit of power materials and the products, including as an integral part the contract establishing procedure of overcoming of emergency situations in this sphere has to become integrated part of new system of documents, is spoken in the document on site of the Kremlin.
The purpose of the agreement is ensuring reliable and uninterrupted transit.
The agreement defines:
- principles of establishment of transit tariffs (objectivity, rationality, transparency, nediskriminatsionnost, validity expenses, comfortable tax mode);
- obligations of the parties of the agreement to provide implementation of obligations for transit by the subjects;
- unacceptability unforeseen transit contracts of interruption or transit reduction, and also intervention in transit streams;
- responsibility of the parties for the losses caused as a result of failure to meet requirements of the agreement and transit contracts;
- obligation of reaction of the parties on inquiries of partners and the obligation for ensuring access of experts of the parties and bodies for settlement of the conflicts to transit infrastructure, etc.;
Experts consider that this document - the answer on signed in March without participation of Russia the declaration between Ukraine and EU about modernization of the gas transmission system of Ukraine, is sure Vladimir Kornilov from Institute of CIS countries, write Sheets.
Besides, "Businessman" notes that "Conceptual approach" can be used and against the Russia. The actual following to its norms can mean that not only Ukraine has to be the conscientious and transparent transitor of the Russian gas, but also Russia - Central Asian or Azerbaijani.
It is known that in the Russian legislation there is no concept of transit, whether it be streams of gas, oil or the electric power.Moscow always used this factor as advantage by supply of gas from the countries of Central Asia.
Formal refusal of signing by Russia of the transport protocol to the Power charter is explained by this circumstance. If Russia ratified a power charter, it would give the chance to EU to buy gas directly from Azerbaijan or the republics of Central Asia, and "Gazprom" would lose the monopoly position and received from these transactions only transit payment.