In the Nikolaev area the personnel problem in the medicine sphere is sharply felt. Ministry of Health decided to go not by quantity, and by quality of medics. Therefore for the purpose of continuous self-education and professional development of doctors issued the order No. 484 on introduction of system of continuous professional development of doctors.
As reports a press - Health Protection Ministry (HPM) service, continuous professional development of doctors is the period of their continuous training, preparation, professional development and self-improvement which begin after receiving the higher medical education and preparation in internship (residency) and lasts during all professional life of the expert.
The basis of the introduced system is a set each doctor throughout the intercertification period of a certain number of points (the highest category - 80 points, the first category - 70 points, the second category - 60 points) that is the basis for the admission of the doctor to examination on drawing up a certain medical category after passing of a peredattestatsionny cycle.
The doctor who didn't gather necessary for receiving a certain medical category of number of points for all types of the professional activity and self-education throughout the intercertification period, can pass examination for the lowest medical category or pass examination for confirmation of the certificate of the doctor - the expert.
Forms of continuous professional development treats:
- passing by the doctor of courses of thematic improvement and peredattestatsionnykh of cycles;
- training in clinical internship, a magistracy, postgraduate study, doctoral studies;
- lecturing for the medical personnel and the population;
- sanitarno - educational the robot;
- training in leading clinics, as within Ukraine, and other countries;
- development of new methods of diagnostics and treatment;
- development of inventions and improvement suggestions;
- the management of groups of doctors - interns;
- writing of articles, monographs, textbooks;
- participation and performances at congresses, the congresses, seminars, conferences;
- pedagogical and scientifically - pedagogical work of doctors;
- work as the chief non-staff specialist of management of health care, MOZ of Ukraine, etc.
Control over continuous professional development of experts and their certification will be carried out by health care managements together with the highest medical educational institutions and institutions of postdegree formation of MOZ of Ukraine and professional medical associations.
According to management of health care of the Nikolaev regional state administration, as of 2004 in the Nikolaev area 3 782 medical workers are.