In Kiev on NSK "Olympic" competitions in sector for high jumps came to the end. The Nikolaev athlete of Vit Stepina, having overcome the "Olympic" 195 cm, I won first place, having left and a favourite to tournament to Vit Palamar, and the participant of the Olympic Games-2004 Irina Mikhalchenko who returned to big-time sports after the birth of the child. I stormed Stepin's Vit and a level on a mark of 198 cm - but height didn't obey. And, nevertheless, there is a gold medal, and the visa to China - a worthy result of performance of the bronze medallist of the Athenian Olympic Games which now trains at Inga Babakova.
In the six of the best two more Nikolaev jumpers. Though, frankly speaking, trainers counted and on a medal of talented Elena Holosha which in this Olympic cycle couldn't realize the potential opportunities.
Women. High jumps.
1. V. Stepina (Nikolaev) - 195 cm
2. V. Palamar (Zaporozhye) - 192 cm
3. I. Mikhalchenko (The Kiev Region) - 192 cm
4. I. Kovalenko (The Kiev Region) - 189 cm
5. E. Holosha (Nikolaev) - 189 cm
6. E. Demidova (Nikolaev) - 186 cm
... 10. Okuneva (Nikolaev) - 180 cm
In tournament among men the pupil of the Nikolaev trainer Yury Sergiyenko - Andrey Sokolovsky playing in parallel for Vinnytsia and Nikolaev, I finished competitions on a modest mark of 220 cm. And the world champion Yury Krimarenko won.
Men. High jumps.
1. Yu. Krimarenko (The Kiev Region)-228 cm
2. A. Nartov (The Kharkov Region) - 228 cm
3. B. Bondarenko (The Kharkov Region) - 225 cm
... 7. A. Sokolovsky (Vinnytsia/Nikolaev) - 220 cm
Tomorrow the last day of the championship then the structure of the national team of Ukraine at the Olympic Games-2008 will be published.