Yesterday, 1-го August, the Moon closed the Sun. This natural (the space! ) the phenomenon could behold and nikolayevets. The total eclipse of the Sun occurred in northern latitudes of Earth (Canada - Greenland - Novosibirsk). Nikolayevtsa could see a partial solar eclipse.
- Every year we can observe from two to seven solar and lunar eclipses, - the employee of the Nikolaev astronomical observatory of Kalinenkov Olga Sergiyenko tells. - To observe accurately lunar or solar eclipse, the Moon has to be precisely on the line connecting Earth and the Sun. If it passes at least slightly - slightly lower or above, we observe not full, but a partial eclipse.
According to her, the inclination of a lunar orbit to a terrestrial orbit makes five degrees. The earth completely round the orbit "is developed" within 18 years 11,3 days. This period was calculated in Ancient Egypt. He received the name "saros" that in translation means "repetition" (though in some sources it is claimed that this haldeysky word).
- If we over our geographic latitude and longitude (that is, in this geographical point), observe a total solar eclipse at any moment, just the same conditions will come in 18,1 years. And now over our geographical point we observe a partial solar eclipse at which the Moon closes the Sun for 31,8% in the maximum phase. In 1999-ohm year the Moon closed the Sun (again - - for us, for our point) for 90%.
On the question, what equipment is used to look at a solar eclipse, Olga Sergiyenko jokes:
- In optics it is possible to look at the Sun two times - the right eye and the left eye, or on the contrary. That is, it is possible to look freely at this phenomenon if to use a security measure.
In observatory rather bulky device which is called for all as the familiar word - "telescope", of course, is used.
- Reflected from the main mirror, beams get on a secondary mirror, then the maximum concentration of radiation in focus is removed. For convenience the image is output to the solar screen.It is convenient to that on the solar screen some people can observe at once an eclipse.
That is called as the abstruse phrase "solar screen", actually looks quite simply. Below, under a telescope, the round clean sheet on which that "sees" a telescope is reflected settles down in special "plate" - roughly speaking, a solar disk, at which Moon "отгрызла" one semicircular part.
With an interval some minutes Olga Sergiyenko photographed an eclipse in a telescope, putting to the camera a tinted glass (the light filter). The antediluvian Zenith camera was thus used. According to her statement, "Zenith" best of all is suitable for these purposes because it is perfectly focused.
- This risky occupation - shooting via the filter. For some seconds the filter heats up to a state that it can burst. If you on an entrance to a telescope put at once objective filters, overheating doesn't happen. It is possible to use and the okulyarny filter, but it is necessary to consider that it assumes very big temperature. It is better to use semi-mirror filters …
The first contact of a lunar disk solar was recorded at 12:16. The eclipse reached the maximum phase at 13:14. The Moon "said goodbye" to the Sun at 14:11.
Exactly in two weeks, by calculations of astronomers, there will be a lunar eclipse …