In 2008 in Nikolayevshchina there were 1577 fires, 639 from which arose in apartments and houses. Owing to fires 95 people, from them 4 children were lost. About it reports the GU Ministry of Emergency Situations central processing unit of Ukraine in the Nikolaev area.
Violations of the rules of operation of electric devices, a faulty electrical wiring or use of self-made electric heaters are the most common reasons of such fires.
And in new year in area almost every day there are fires for these reasons. So, on January 8 in Nikolaev in a house down the street Slobodskoy from - for uses of the electric heater of handicraft work arose a fire. Rescuers of 2 fire brigades managed to liquidate a fire only in half an hour. Unfortunately, it wasn't succeeded to rescue the hostess of the house.
Head department Ministry of Emergency Situations of Ukraine in the Nikolaev area warns! In order to avoid similar cases, it is necessary to adhere to the main precautionary measures and fire safety regulations at operation of electric and heating devices which are used in a life; heating devices can be installed only on nonflammable supports; it is impossible to leave the switched-on devices without supervision and to turn on in one socket at the same time some devices; it is necessary to watch density of contacts in junctions of wires of devices to a fork, plugs among themselves, etc. It is necessary to remember that to replace safety locks which fused, in TVs, receivers and other household appliances self-made it is dangerous. Also it is forbidden to use self-made heating devices.