Today, on April 10, ecologists, officials and the public (not only from Nikolaev, but also from the neighboring cities) tell the Southern Bug about the river. In the Small Hall of the Executive Committee of the City Soviet of People's Deputies passes a regional seminar "Problems of the integrated management of a river basin the Southern Bug: look from Nikolayevshchina".
The head of department of protection of surrounding environment of housing and communal services Department Tamara Bakurskaya reminded that the Southern Bug - one of the largest rivers in Ukraine. In its territory there are 162 objects prirodno - reserved fund, among which - regional landscape park "Granitno — Steppe Pobuzhye".
The condition of the river constantly worsens, raises level of salinity of the river the Southern Bug. In big cities the main pollutants of river waters are emissions of sewerages, activity of the industrial enterprises.
- The condition of the river the Southern Bug and its pool, in my opinion, can be solved only thanks to adjustment of system of integrated management of natural resources, - the chief of regional management of protection of surrounding environment Valery Bogdan told. - The river the Southern Bug is really live organism. And its state depends, first of all, on economic activity.
Event is held within the draft of the Black Sea Wetlands International program "In the direction to a complex combination of preservation vodno - a marsh variety, water management and agriculture in Ukraine. The pilot project in a river basin the Southern Bug".
The seminar is painted practically for the whole day and divided into four "blocks":
- water resources management problems within area (discuss their current state and management problems, use and protection);
- problems of preservation of the biodiversity, the balanced farming and econetwork creation in the basin of the Southern Bug (will discuss prospects of development of a regional econetwork, a current state of agrolandscapes);
- participation of the public in the integrated management of the river pool (will present and will discuss public examination of the situation which has developed owing to construction of Tashlyksky pumped storage power plant and a raising of level of the Aleksandrovsky reservoir to 14,7 m);
- discussion of the draft of the Strategic plan of action for a river basin the Southern Bug; main problems and possibilities of their decision.
As the director of the Regional Black Sea network of public organizations, the ecologist Oleg Derkach explained, this the first in a cycle of such actions - seminars. In total four regional seminars in the regional centers, and also not less than 15 "round tables" in towns and districts of the basin of the Southern Bug will be held. On April 14 the similar seminar will be held in Voznesensk, on April 23 - in Pervomaisk, on April 24 - in New Bug...