In Kerch opened one more fish factory - Ancient Greek

Online: {{ reading || 0 }}Read:{{ views || 1280 }}Comments:{{ comments || 0 }}    Rating:(768)         

Archaeological expedition of the Crimean office of institute of oriental studies of National academy of Sciences of Ukraine on a site of the new case of the museum of archeology of the Kerch historian - the cultural reserve found the remains of an antique complex on processing of fish.

The director of the Demetra fund financing excavation, the doctor of historical sciences Victor Zinko that value of this opening is huge as for more than 200 - the summer period of archeological excavations in the center of Kerch it wasn't found any traces of fish production. At the same time, from messages of ancient Greek and Roman authors it is known that from Bospor Kimmeriysky, that is, the Strait of Kerch, to the cities of Asia Minor, Thrace, Greece and even to Rome were delivered fish and fish sauce - гарум which was highly appreciated.

According to V. Zinko, archeologists established that here, on the bank of the Kerch bay, in the first centuries of our era the fishing suburb of the capital of the Bosporsky kingdom - Panticapaeum settled down. The found complex consisted from 10-ти big stone tanks, each of which could contain 1,6 cubic meter, and all complex could overwork at one time to 165 cubic meter of fish. Judging by the found remains, in tanks salted fishes sturgeon and the seldevykh of breeds. Time of a construction of fish plant can be dated the II century.

-


Комментариев: {{total}}


englishpublic